Apple Season – Mid August – September and October
We are pleased to offer fun, educational tours for schools. A fun filled day at the farm! During July-August-September and October.
Booking for School Programs begins Mid-May 905-878-0571 or firstname.lastname@example.org
On your tour, our Friendly Farm Hand will explain;
- How apples grow
- Why our apple trees are dwarf
- About all the different apple varieties
- How cider is made
- The apple farmers enemies
- The correct way to pick an apple
- The best use for each variety
- The difference between cider and juice
During the tour, the Children will:
- Pick a 44lb. bushell of McIntosh or Empire apples to take back to the school
- Pick an apple to eat on the spot
- Watch our old fashioned hand operated cider press in action
- Taste fresh cider**
- Have a tractor-pulled wagon ride through the orchard and past the giant pumpkin patch
- Romp in our straw filled play area featuring four 20’ slides and much more!
- Visit the farm animals
- Receive one free admission for themselves to revisit our entertainment area
** The supervising teacher will receive one 3L jug of flash pasteurized cider for the group to share later in the tour or back in the classroom.
More For the Teachers
- One Teacher’s kit per group compiled by Chudleighs & the Ontario Apple Commission
- An area set aside to enjoy your picnic lunch
Note all group bookings must be confirmed by phone.
Guided Fall Tours (Max 25 children + 8 adult supervisors) $195
$40 deposit required on booking for group of school tours/camps
Additional adults (over eight) $6 each